The Duke Center for Misophonia and Emotion Regulation is actively planning a number of future research studies. Some of these studies have funding and will be conducted. Others are not funded, but are needed studies that will not take place without additional funding support. If you would like to support these studies, please click here.
Unfunded Needed Studies:
(1) Characterizing the nature of Misophonia trigger sounds (i.e., why are these sounds triggers, and not other sounds?)
(2) Building and validating a library of Misophonia trigger sounds for free use by researchers
(3) Understanding whether there are unique problems with hearing and neurocognitive processes in Misophonia
(4) Examining the genetics of Misophonia
(5) Development of treatments for Misophonia